There is power in group purchases! As part of the Academy Advantage partnership, most participating companies agree to contribute a royalty fee to the Academy that is based on the purchases of Academy members in return for access to Academy members through our marketing efforts. You can feel good about your purchases from Academy Advantage partners knowing that each dollar spent is helping the Academy accomplish its mission!
Don't miss out on everything provided to you through the Academy Advantage program! This affinity program includes partnerships with "non-endemic" companies - those that are not medical device or pharmaceutical companies.
- The Doctors Company: Medical Liability Insurance
- HEALTHeCAREERS Network and ENT Careers: Career Search/Employment and Recruitment
- Officite: Website Design, Marketing
- AllMeds: Electronic Health Records
- EYEMAGINATIONS : In-Office Patient Education
- Optum: Coding Resources
The Doctors Company
Medical Liability Insurance
The American Academy of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS) has partnered with The Doctors Company to provide Academy members and exclusive medical malpractice insurance program since 2003.
The Doctors Company is fiercely committed to defending, protecting, and rewarding the practice of good medicine. Backed by the financial strength of $4.5 billion in assets and a membership of 76,000 physicians nationwide, The Doctors Company offers AAO-HNS members a unique combination of coverage features, aggressive claims defense, unrivaled protection, and tangible economic benefits.
Benefits for eligible AAO-HNS Members:
- Program discount of 5 percent for qualified members with a favorable claims history
- An additional claims-free credit of up to 25 percent for eligible members
- Participation in the Tribute® Plan, an unrivaled financial benefit that rewards member loyalty and commitment to superior patient care
- Participation in The Doctors Company's multiyear dividend program
- The industry's most aggressive defense, with an ironclad consent-to-settle guarantee, where permitted by law
- Free tail coverage for qualified members
- Patient safety programs tailored to the needs of AAO-HNS members
- Automatic protection against privacy breach and Medicare reviews through CyberGuard® cyber liability protection and MediGuard® regulatory risk coverage
HEALTHeCAREERS Network (HeCN) and ENT Careers
Career Search/Employment and Recruitment
HEALTHeCAREERS is a network of hundreds of healthcare career sites that bring healthcare professionals and employers the only true "single-source" solution for recruitment and career searches in every specialty in healthcare. Healthcare professionals can find the largest selection of job opportunities while employers can target job seekers based on their specialty recruitment needs.
ENT Careers Offers AAO-HNS Members:
- Access to the largest collection of ENT postings, representing every sub-specialty and work setting from employers of all types and sizes
- Ability to post jobs to fill any position through ENT Careers, from office administrator to partner, across the HEALTHeCAREERS Network
- Access to healthcare news, career information, resources, and events
- Ability to sign up for job alerts—email notification of new postings that match your criteria
- Ability to post your resume confidentially so that employers can contact you "blindly"—you choose whether to respond, or not
- Access to personal customer care consultants to help you post and apply for jobs and maximize your opportunity for a successful search
- All resources are free for AAO-HNS members seeking jobs, and job posting rates are highly competitive, with volume discounts
Website Design, Marketing
Officite is the leader in providing websites and internet marketing for healthcare practices. We've partnered with over 35 national and state associations, and have helped over 30,000 healthcare providers develop powerful online marketing since 2002. Our websites are easy, effective, and they get results. Get started by speaking to your Web Presence Advisor, who will work with your practice to find the solutions that are right for you. Growing your practice is simple. Talk to your Web Presence Advisor to get started, and let us handle the rest.
- Personalized Website Design
- Mobile and Responsive Websites
- Customized Search Engine Optimization
- Online Reputation Tracking
- Branding Services
- Online Patient Education with the AAO-HNS Patient Education Library
Academy Advantage Offer
- Special pricing—Academy members save up to 35%
- Access to the comprehensive AAO-HNS Patient Education Library
- Attract new patients efficiently and cost effectively
Electronic Health Records
AllMeds provides Otolaryngology’s most widely-used Electronic Health Record and practice management solution. Over 15 years of unwavering focus on the unique needs of ENT physicians and their staff members has resulted in an EHR that delivers greater efficiencies, solid returns on investment and a loyal customer base.
- Designed by ENTs for ENTs
- Otolaryngology-unique functionality
- Physician-intuitive & highly-efficient
- Automated workflow & one-click documentation
- Fully-developed clinical content & template libraries
- Comprehensive & experienced EHR replacement teams
- The nation’s most successful EHR incentives performance
- The industry’s highest lifetime customer satisfaction rate
AllMeds Offers AAO-HNS Members:
- Significant savings to ENT physicians and their practices with discounts of up to 33% on the cost of EHR physician licenses.
In-Office Patient Education
In 1999, Dr. Steven Sopher started Eyemaginations to develop an alternative to the plastic models used in so many doctors’ offices to educate patients. He envisioned something better, something that could help health care providers communicate about complex medical topics and would also give patients access to timely, relevant information outside the doctor’s office.
Eyemaginations’ flagship product, Echo, is a cloud-based patient education platform that uses beautiful visuals, 3D animation, and clear language to illustrate and explain complex medical conditions and procedures. Statistics show that half of patients leave their doctors’ appointments not understanding what they were told, and that 83% of learning occurs visually. We believe visual patient education is the key to better doctor-patient communication, patient engagement, and improved outcomes.
Because Echo uses cloud technology, it is flexible enough to work on a variety of devices — from smartphones to tablets, PCs, and Macs. Updates occur on all devices automatically through the Internet, and Echo’s sharing capabilities (including email and social media), as well as customization flexibility, offer enhanced levels of patient engagement for practices. Echo can also be branded, providing medical practices with marketing advantages in a competitive health care environment. For more information about Eyemaginations and Echo, visit http://em.eyemaginations.com/AAO-HNS.
Optum360 is a leading health-care technology company that provides data, technology, services, and consulting expertise. We have been publishing code books since 1984 and are committed to developing innovative solutions that streamline daily tasks to maximize efficiency and boost cash flow.
Optum Offers AAO-HNS Members:
- 20% off Coding Companion® for ENT/Allergy/Pulmonology
- 40% off ICD-9-CM Fast Finder for ENT
- 40% off ICD-9-CM Online Fast Finder for ENT
AAO-HNS provides the Academy Advantage program as a benefit to Academy members. However, AAO-HNS does not provide any express or implied warranty with regard to the products and services offered by the Academy Advantage program. All sales transactions are between the buyer and the seller and do not include the Academy or Foundation as parties to the transaction. AAO-HNS does not endorse participating vendor companies.