Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree desired, in adult and continuing education, professional development, or related field. Professional certification in related field preferred (i.e. CMP, CEM, CHCP). Demonstrated leadership experience. Minimum of 10 years of progressive responsibility for strategic and operational planning/implementation, budget development and management, and staff supervision including recruitment and retention. Non-profit experience and CAE preferred. Seven to ten years’ experience working in a physician (medical) membership organization with responsibility for volunteers, committees, and subject matter experts for the development of adult learning activities, online education programs and meetings and exhibitions.
Significant experience with accredited continuing medical education (CME), the accreditation process administered by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the requirements for and education support of Maintenance of Certification, Maintenance of Licensure, and performance and quality improvement.
Significant experience in leading city-wide convention management, exhibition management, convention industry standards and practices, site-selection, contracting, vendor management and development and management of policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
Experience with corporate relations and strategic account management and the identification, packaging, sales and fulfillment of high-level sponsorships. Demonstrated experience in developing and managing product strategy with a proven track record in net revenue generation and customer satisfaction. Demonstrated experience with business process mapping, process redesign and project management across organizational lines. Experience with the selection and management of contractors and vendors in support of business operations.
Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to support and encourage innovation and lead change management. Some travel will be required.
• Provide oversight of the AAO-HNSF Annual Meeting and Education Programs.
• Supervise business unit staff and their activities.
• Accountable for the day-to-day operations of the business unit.
• Accept responsibility for and champions organization’s mission, vision, and values, and strategic direction
• Develop and manage budget(s), financial tracking, projections, and adapting plans to produce results.
• Ensure the organization’s strategic goals and business objectives are translated into unit’s work plans.
• Provide appropriate guidance to ensure Foundation education and meetings work plans are accomplished and that the Business Unit meets the needs of the membership and other consitituencies.
• Ensure adherence to ACCME essentials and guidelines for accredited organizations and best practices in education and meetings management.
• Ensure adherence to best practices in meeting management.
• Participate on the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and vet issues affecting the operations of the Academy/Foundation. Serve as business unit leader and/or team leader for assigned organizational operations and projects.
• Serve as senior advisor to Board and executive leadership on Meetings and Education activities.
• Provide leadership and direction to associated staff; including hiring, training, performance management and professional development on Meetings and Education activities.
• Ensure effective communication and support to assigned AAO-HNS/F Coordinators.
• Develop and coordinate Annual Meeting strategies regarding locations, attendance, pricing, and content.
• Develop and coordinate implementation strategies for new education and knowledge products and activities; review and make recommendations regarding status of products and activities; provide insight into marketing plans; ensure appropriate product-related statistical information is maintained.
• Coordinate and link all Annual Meeting activities across all internal business unit and external committees.
• Coordinate and link all education activities across all formats (live, enduring materials, mobile, and online), content areas and learner groups.
• Provide guidance to a creative team of volunteers to continually develop and improve Meeting and Education activities.
• Ensure adherence to all Foundation policies and procedures, with primary responsibility for policies related to continueing medical education, conventions, expositions and corporate support for CME.
• Represent the Academy and Foundation to organizations and/or at meetings, as requested.
• Ensure effectiveness of AAO-HNSF education and meeting committees and serve as staff liaison as assigned.