The American Academy of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS) is the world's largest organization representing specialists who treat the ear, nose, throat, and related structures of the head and neck. The Academy represents approximately 12,000 otolaryngologist—head and neck surgeons who diagnose and treat disorders of those areas. The medical disorders treated by our physicians are among the most common that afflict all Americans, young and old. They include chronic ear infection, sinusitis, snoring and sleep apnea, hearing loss, allergies and hay fever, swallowing disorders, nosebleeds, hoarseness, dizziness, and head and neck cancer.
The AAO-HNS Foundation works to advance the art, science, and ethical practice of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery through education, research, and lifelong learning.
We take pride in our excellent benefits package offered to eligible employees, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also provide short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) retirement plan, credit union membership, five weeks of PTO, and nine holidays, compressed work schedules and flexible scheduling. We offer a business casual dress environment and many additional employment benefits. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage you to submit your resume with cover letter and salary expectations through one of the following options:
Email: Attach a Word document or copy and paste your cover letter and resume and send to email@example.com.
Mail: AAO-HNSF 1650 Diagonal Road, VA 22314-2857 Attention: Human Resources
We currently have the following openings.
Program Manager, International Affairs
Bachelor’s degree required or comparable education and experience in international affairs at a professional association or related international business. Expertise in cross-cultural communications preferred. Excellent communication skills, including oral, written and writing/editing required. Knowledge of international healthcare organizations and medical communities a plus. Project management experience required. Fluency in more than one language a plus. Some travel may be required.
Effectively manage the International activities of the AAO-HNS/F including, but not limited, to:
• Ensure all programs and initiatives are aligned to successfully achieve the strategic goals of the organization.
• Manage the International outreach activities of the AAO-HNS/F.
• Manage the Humanitarian activities of the AAO-HNS/F.
• Serve as liaison to the International Coordinator.
• Serve as liaison to the Regional Advisors, International Corresponding Societies, and International-related committees.
• Assist the Director with the budgeting process for the International programs.
• Effectively communicate with the Board of Director (BOD) International Coordinator, assuring strategic initiatives are operationalized.
• Write quarterly international newsletter.
• Provide information as requested to the Coordinator and Regional Advisors for board reports and other information as requested.
• Collaborate with staff toward recruitment and retention activities, promotional initiatives geared toward international audiences, and other initiatives that involve international.
• Work with the Director, and Senior Director to ensure appropriate usage and allocation of program budgets.
• Manage the International Visiting Scholarship program, assuring consistency and timeliness in promotions and awarding of scholarships, as well as necessary follow-up.
• Manage the International Corresponding Society (ICS) network, including development and maintenance of consistent protocols for establishment and compliance of ICS.
• Coordinate with the President-Elect the selection and communication process for the Annual Meeting International Guest Countries.
• Manage the process for requests of Joint Meetings from related-organizations. Assure proper documentation and protocol for these types of requests.
• Manage the Humanitarian activities of AAO-HNS/F, including oversight of program, administration of grant applications, promotion of available grants, liaison to committee, and follow-up activities to recipients of grants and participants of humanitarian missions.
• Serve as staff support to the Otolaryngology Historical Society.
• Serve as staff liaison to various committees, as assigned.
Program Manager, Online Content
Bachelor's degree in communications- or technology-related field is preferred. Ability to establish priorities and perform multiple tasks simultaneously and on deadline is required. Must have strong HTML/CSS skillset with an emphasis on mobile optimization. Requires writing skills in a variety of formats—online content, reports, correspondence, and a solid customer service orientation. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to think, speak, and write clearly and effectively are required. Project management/planning skills are essential. Must be highly organized, with a sharp focus on details.
Experience working with association management software and experience in new media outreach methods are required. Expertise in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel is essential. Must be results-oriented and willing to learn issues and new skills. Self-motivation, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently and on cross-functional teams, and an ability to learn and master a variety of technology tools are required. Some travel may be required.
• The Program Manager, Online Content, will support and maintain the flow of online content to the website, working with the Sr. Manager, Digital Content, to integrate print and digital content and functionality.
• Manage email communications to members, scheduling and distributing bulk emails, eNewsletters, and other digital content, maintaining an overall editorial calendar of electronic communications.
• Work collaboratively with Sr. Manager, Digital Content, and with Information and Knowledge Management to improve the member experience especially in accessing information and services.
• Ensure that online content, email communications, and online social media communities are supported, according to organization’s strategic objectives.
• Collaborate with Senior Manager, Digital Content, and IKM, to develop functional specifications for online projects.
• Collaborate with Senior Manager, Digital Content, to author documentation and specifications, including Standard Operating Procedures for features and tools and prepare user guidelines to support the end users’ successful adoption of these features.
• Assist in video production and editing, as needed.
• Support online content flow to website.
• Manage and create online content with CMS tools as necessary.
• Assist in creation of appropriate training for staff content contributors.
• Liaison with all staff units to effectively plan and support online services related to their goals and objectives.
• Assist in communications strategy to provide access to organization’s knowledge resources and content for members, the public, and staff.
• Assist in providing content approval for website content contributor edits.
• Oversee scheduling for all mass email campaigns to ensure best value is delivered.
• Incorporate dynamic content and segmentation into email campaigns, when possible.
• Track key performance indicators for online and email communications.
• Work with Strategic Messaging staff to make the best use of online content trends data to deliver an organized online communication strategy.
• Work with Creative Services and Strategic Messaging staff to ensure efficient production and deployment of website graphical design elements.
• Assist in training staff in basic use and best practices of the content management system. Ensure all online elements remain up-to-date, functional, and consistent with style.
• Act as liaison to all staff units to effectively support online services related to their goals and objectives.
• Use content management system (CMS) and related technologies, with understanding of HTML, editing tools and processes.
• Work with Sr. Manager, Digital Content, to improve workflow processes.
• Assist in video filming and basic content editing.